Thanks to over 40 years’ experience in laser systems for material processing and the expertise of our application engineers, we can truly be at your side in guiding you through the entire metal 3D printing adoption process. With the support of our experts, you can find out if additive manufacturing is the right technology for your business, understand how to switch from traditional to additive technologies, identify the most efficient ways to produce your components and understand every secret of the technology to get the most out of it.
In a nutshell, we can help you translate your dream into an increasingly efficient new business.
Here is what we can do, in concrete terms, to support you:
Process parameters and prototyping
After finalising the design and print strategy, Prima Additive focuses on the optimal selection of process parameters. By performing a series of standard tests, Prima Additive's application engineers are able to optimise the process for each case and guarantee the expected mechanical properties.
- We build your prototype in our application centre
- We evaluate the best post-treatment options for hardness, stretching, part removal and surface finish
- Tests and measurements
We provide you with an application manual of the tasks required to produce your components. This guide assists you in the replication, optimisation and configuration of the machine.
We are always at your side to discover together how to improve your products.
Once all the characteristics of the finished product have been established, our experts will provide you with all the specifications to translate the experience gained during the prototyping phase into a finished product, thus enabling you to start producing as quickly and efficiently as possible with our machines.
How we work
The steps we take
Step 1 - Case analysis
Initial assessment of key aspects of the process
Simulation of printing strategy
Report on convenience and sustainability
Step 2 - We evaluate processes and materials
Experimentation to obtain process parameters
Production of samples with the required material
Step 3 - Making a prototype with Prima Additive machines
Application of selected processes and parameters to the machine
Printing procedure and repeatability
Step 4 - Evaluate and characterise the parts
Verification of quality standards
Evaluation of mechanical and thermal properties
Guidance in post-processing phases
Step 5 - Reporting & “know-how”
Customer manual (containing details on the process and application)
Optimisation of process-related techniques
Exploitation of know-how
Our Application Centre
Prima Additive's new Application and Innovation Centre, located in Turin, provides a fully equipped area where you can familiarise yourself with Additive Manufacturing technologies and increase your knowledge. Our team of specialists and engineers is always available to help you understand this innovative production method. In this way you will discover the full potential of this technology and we will help you understand how to adapt this process to your business in the most competitive way possible.
Consider our Application Centre as your personal knowledge centre on Additive Manufacturing:
- Access to Prima Additive equipment and advice on developing your ideas
- Advice and preparation for application
- Support in evaluating the time and cost of your products
- Basic training for preparing your data and managing the machinery
- Safety training related to additive processes
- Direct supply of powders by Prima Additive or support in selecting suitable materials
- Support in printing your prototypes on our machines
- Design support for Additive Manufacturing (re-design of your products to improve performance and reduce costs)
- Process certification and documentation support
- Developing your business case